Friday, June 5, 2009

Grease?


Which female grease character are you?

RIZZO

A rebel at heart, you are the leader of the Pink Ladies, Rizzo. You are outgoing, sarcastic, tough, and fit right in with the guys. You have unconventional good looks and will always speak your mind. Sometimes you find yourself in a trouble, but always find a way to come out on top.


So once again I found myself on facebook instead of sleeping. I took my first quiz! Ehh at first I was a little disappointed that I turned out to be Rizzo but then I realized how badass she is. and although I am not openly a conventional rebel (ah the paradox there) - I am indeed a 21st century renaissance badass bachelorette.

Example 1.

A few days ago, I got another unwanted text message from the unnamed and infamous Dude from my previous post. UGH give me a break man! The text exchange was as follows:

Dude: Dinner and a movie??
me: Nah mannnn.
Dude: ok. that's what d.p. dough is for (a calzone delivery place)


awww He'll be spending his evening alone. LOL Shut Downnnnnn!

= badass

Example 2.

tragedy bootycall: man or woman you are bootycalling. you want it to be more but it only ends up in a tragedy. ie; they mess around with someone else, your car gets keyed, you get burned, etc...

The past week in Ithaca, bored to death, I found myself hanging out with an Old Friend, his "girl" (or what I like to call the next tragedy bootycall), and a couple of his homies - all of which I don't mind chilling with. One night we decide to pregame before going to a lame local club/bar. We get there all tipsy and Old Friend is just acting like an old fool. To rescue myself from the awful time I was having watching Old Friend, I head over to the bar only to find him following behind me. Then I feel two arms around me. What the hell is he doing?! So I say "Old Friend, what are you doing?! get off me." because 1. I'm not trying to start any trouble with the tragedy bootycall, and 2. no man is just gonna roll up on me like that and ruin my bachelorette game for the rest of the evening with a stupid public gesture...

Now I must give a preface to his upcoming reply.

My Boo-lova is a dark chocolate brotha (yumm). And one evening when I asked Old Friend about the tragedy bootycall and he was getting all bent out of shape because he thought I was asking for my own personal reasons (as if I would like him!? funny.) and I told him not to worry because I'm not interested. I like the darkskinned type.


... He replied "I'm not even touching you, I know your not into lightskinned [abolish the N word here]" and I said " You are right. I like a beautiful darkskinned guy. now get the hell off me." He left.

= a little badass.

These two examples may not be the greatest definition of badass but there is a lesson to learn here: Do not let some guy - who may or may not be your friend - just roll up on you and make you uncomfortable. In such situations, leave the players' game behind and Be clear about your intentions and your feelings. I kinda would have liked to see that Disney movie UP for free and it was flattering to have a man put his arms around me with his lady nearby. Sometimes you've got to say N. O. to the dinner and movie and say no to someone invading your physical and/or mental space. Old Friend must have thought he was being slick that night. Wrong. After a misleading day at the museum Dude thought he could take it to the next step. Wrong.

These men have it all mixed up! A bachelorette never lets a situation get out of her control. She knows when to quit being nice and get a little sassy.

5 comments:

  1. This keeps getting better. In regards to the end: very true. That's admirable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first giggle of the day (pun intended):
    "' You are right. I like a beautiful darkskinned guy. now get the hell off me.' He left.

    = a little badass."

    love it. you're like... my own personal Carrie Bradshaw.
    keep em coming!! Sadly, you're the only entertainment in my life!!!
    lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! i wanted a cool screen(secret)name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i enjoy/support this.

    p.s.
    imani your dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. two snaps to this post and not letting ninja's mess with the mental game...

    ReplyDelete