Sunday, May 31, 2009

Good Morning Diana Williams

Victoria: how's ur boo lova?
me: he's cool
Victoria: how's the keeping in touch?
me: texting and calling, good... maybe too good
Victoria: how can it be too good? lol
me: lol, he asked me why my facebook says "single"
Victoria: HAHA! and u said what?
me: i was like wow i never thought of it and that i thought i was single
Victoria: owwww diana! how much did he cry?
me: he didnt cry, i honestly didnt think of it
Victoria: so are u not single now?
me: im like half way single

So that is an excerpt from my most recent g-chat with my old roommate (or should I say apartment-mate?). She's Victoria, and I am Diana Williams of course. We just graduated from Cornell University last weekend. Victoria is back at home- me and our other roommate, Kimberly, are still in Ithaca, NY (the dreadful place where we have spent 4 years of our post high school lives) because we are looking for housing for next year. (grad school)

boo-lova: the man you are talking to - be it for sex, money, fun.. etc - but you like him and you are pretty sure he likes you too.

Ughhh Stupid Men.
This morning/afternoon I was awakened with a phone call from the Dude of the Day. He wanted to go to the gorges (these waterfalls that are all over Ithaca, very pretty and relaxing, fun or romantic depending on who you go with and when). I was briefly psyched about going so I asked who else was going - blank - no one else was going. My thoughts: Ewww, I am not interested in you. I thought when you drove boo-lova and I home at 4 am (coming from a party) that you would realize that I'm totally getting it in with boo-lova - not YOU
! Some guys just don't seem to get it.

getting it in: the act of getting "it". "it" is one or more of those things you wouldn't want your dad seeing you do with man or woman (whatever floats your boat I guess) Those things being sexual...

Ughh Stupid Diana.
So I tell Dude that we should go another day when it is warmer and more people can come. I'm pretty hungry whenever I wake up, so I suggest just grabbing a bite for lunch instead. BAD IDEA. He says " I always eat lunch, I wanna do something eventful.... (insert blah blah here) ...like go to the johnson museum." He then senses my hesitation and says " Oh tell Kim to come too." Why am I a glutton for museums?? I swear I was tricked! Next thing you know, I say OK and I'm getting ready to go the museum with this guy I do not like. THEN WORSE - Kim says she ISNT GOING! LOL. Why me!?

Honestly...
This episode ended a lot better than I thought it would, because Kim did come with me to the museum after a little bit of guilt tripping. But on the real tip. The main reason I was so hesitant to hang out with Dude was not because
I don't like Dude or because I have a boo-lova, But it was because I was afraid of when boo-lova calls me tonight and asks what I did today I knew he would not be happy about me hanging out with Dude esp. one on one. I actually think Dude is a cool guy (not necessarily attractive tho), and if I wasn't boo-loving, I might would have gone to the gorges with just him even though I'm not interested. Is that wrong?? Would that be leading Dude on?? I kinda don't care. lol

Ehhh... but What does it mean when an eligible bachelorette passes on hanging out with a dude for reasons pertaining to a boo-lova??? Am I getting "wifed" up?? I thought I was single!? very SCARY.


help.

No comments:

Post a Comment